Friday, October 16, 2009

It's been a long time!!

I guess you could say that I took the summer off! I just looked up one day and summer was over, and I realized that I hadn't posted a thing since May. Where did all that time go in cyberworld...

We had a fantastic summer. We were quite busy, Matthew made great progress on the house. We have texture, trim, doors, cabinets. Everything looks wonderful. I have never had my very own kitchen cabinets before. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I am looking forward to using them. The house looks almost finished! Just need some paint and fixtures basically. Wish it was as easy as typing this! Sounds so simple. Matthew's uncles Marshall and David did beautiful work on trimming out the doors and windows. Matthew did a wonderful job doing the floor trim. Austin, Michael and Matthew put up the big room ceiling, (not an easy task) and then trimmed it. I think it is very unique and perfect for our home. We can't wait to have everyone out for a celebration party when we are finished!

Now for what has been going on with all of us.

Katie has short hair as do I. I took the kids with me to get my hair cut and talked Katie and Evelyn into getting their hair cut too. That was in the end of August.

I am now 32! My birthday was fairly uneventful but I do feel a year older :)

Our home school friends moved and we were sad to see them go. They have 3 girls the same ages as our girls. They did give us their cat and her kittens. We love Miss Kitty. "She is my good friend," Evelyn says.

Josephine has beautiful blond curls. She is very lovable and sweet. The girls always rush to hug her when she wakes up from nap. She has discovered that she can get on the stool and turn on the lights. This is a fun thing for a two year old to do. She also wants to write and color now. And she loves to look at magazines and say "Mommy, look, mmmmm". She likes all the tasty food pictures. She will go through every picture in a magazine like this! And you have to look and smile and say yes, that looks good! She is irresistible. For a while anytime we would have something she liked to eat she would clap and say "Yeah, mmmmm". She enjoys the good things in life!

Evelyn wants to write like Katie and Bel. She will say, "how do you spell _____?" and then will ask if I can write the letters. She loves to help me in the kitchen. We can always count on Evelyn to know where everything is, and she is always willing to run and fetch something. She is a dependable person. She has a sparkle about her. She can talk to the adults without any reservations most of the time.

John is 9 months old and standing all the time now. He has walked behind the girls stroller a few times just because it started moving on him. I don't think he really meant to take steps, he was just trying not to fall down. He just recently began to crawl and hands and knees. Before he would army crawl everywhere. He is learning to love baby food. He always has a ready grin for everyone. He especially loves the men in our family.

Katie has discovered that carrying John is great fun. Like Olivia, she moves the cat(brother) all day long!! Katie and Isabel are riding bikes WITHOUT training wheels now! Matthew bought them training bikes (specialized makes them). They are bicycles without pedals. The girls fly down the hill (even Evelyn) balancing the entire way. They did this for about a week and then Katie and Isabel were immediately able to ride a bigger bike without training wheels. They are very excited about it. Katie is enjoying reading. She reads the Bible to daddy. Sometimes we will read a book together or she reads to her sisters. We have been doing lots of science projects with school. One day my parents had hundreds of monarch butterflies in the trees at their house. It was one of the neatest things I have ever seen. A camera could not capture the beauty of it. Yesterday, Katie decided she was running a hotel and wanted to clean their room to get ready for guests. She cleaned the windows, dusted, made the beds, put away the clutter, and vacuumed! Wow!! I was one proud momma. She has also become a daddy's girl lately. She wants to be with her daddy wherever he goes. She enjoys the one on one time. Daddy's been known to give special treats as well ;)

Last an update on our quiet and sweet Isabel. She is a very tender and kind girl. She and Josephine have a special bond. She is nurturing and good with babies and animals. She enjoys coloring, painting, and helping cook. She enjoys playing by herself. She is peaceful. Her school curriculum is "About My Father's World" and we have been learning about creation, the sun, moon, apples, and leaves. Her work is very hands on stuff. I really like it. We do lots of reading and studying about a variety of topics.

Matthew and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in August. We have been blessed in so many ways these 7 years. I am thankful for my best friend. He is a wonderful father to our babies. We enjoy going places as a family and can't imagine life without all these little blessings. We hope that God will entrust us with more sweet children in His timing. They have, after all, been created for God's glory!

Maybe next time I can post some pictures! Thanks for looking.

No comments: