Just wanted to let everyone know that we have not had our baby yet! My due date was Thursday. I wasn't really expecting an early delivery this time, since it has not happened before. Mom joked that this baby was waiting for Monday to come around. I know that Katie and Isabel were born on Mondays. And I think that Evelyn was born on Thursday, and then Josephine was born on Monday. So it could be that this little one is waiting for Monday as well. That would make 4 out of 5! There is a full moon tonight. They say more babies are born when there is a full moon. We'll see.
We had a wonderful Christmas. It was lots of fun. The girls were so excited for days! That was a little tiring for me, but I still enjoyed the festivities. We were able to do some fun crafts and cooking projects. The girls loved making salt dough ornaments for our relatives, and making choc. dipped pretzels for all the kid cousins. The sprinkles were the best part. There were sprinkles all over the counter and spilling out onto the floor! I don't guess I got one picture of our projects, but I will remember them always.
Right after Thanksgiving I was able to take Katie, Isabel, and Evelyn to see the Nutcracker in Abilene. Dear sweet Matthew took Josephine and my shopping list to Sam's and Walmart and did our holiday grocery shopping. He was still hard at work when the ballet was over. I promised him that I would never send him with a list that long and tedious again. We had planned to split it up before the ballet and ran out of time. He was a sweetheart for doing that for us.
Now we are back into school. Katie is reading pages from her book now, recognizing and reading numbers up to 100, writing her full name with very nice writing. She is a wonderful student. She loves to learn, and wants to do extra practice work. She is also always coming up with her own little projects to do.
Isabel is learning a lot as well. She is counting along with us and doing workbook pages during school. She has a fantastic memory. She, Evelyn and sometimes Josephine sit in on Bible every day and listen to the lessons. Isabel knows all the memory verses quite well.
Evelyn enjoys doing puzzles and playing the Memory game. She is either very lucky or really pays close attention to the cards, because she always has lots of matches. We gave her a new pink stool for Christmas and she is so proud of that stool. She carried it around for several days, wanting to show and tell everyone about it! I knew that she would like it, but I didn't realize it would be her prized possession! She is the most cheerful little helper and always looking for ways to help out.
Josephine is a singer! Anytime we are in the car she is humming and looking out the window. When she hears certain music that is pretty she always joins in. And anytime she is holding a book she usually tunes up. She loves interacting with all of her sisters. She is beginning to be able to runwalk. She loves playing chase/peekaboo. She also wants to be outside anytime anyone else is outside.
I will try to post some pictures with this post. We'll see how that goes!
Also keep us in your prayers and we will keep everyone posted on the new baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment